A New MATHCOUNTS Mini Every Month!
Art of Problem Solving's Richard Rusczyk has been making MATHCOUNTS Minis since September 2009. Each MATHCOUNTS Mini video provides detailed explanations for at least one MATHCOUNTS problem and its associated concepts. Each Mini also features an activity sheet to complement the discussed concepts.
For at-home learning during school closures, we're highlighting the following MATHCOUNTS Minis that we think would be a good difficulty level for most middle schoolers:
- Mini #11 – Tangent Segments & Similar Triangles
- Mini #19 – Turning Word Problems into Algebra Equations
- Mini #22 – Geometry/30-60-90 Triangles
- Mini #29 – Sequences, Series & Patterns
- Mini #32 – Using Algebra and Number Sense as Shortcuts
- Mini #34 – Geometry: Circles & Right Triangles
- Mini #38 – Solving Quadratic Equations Using Substitution Simplification
- Mini #57 – Number Sense: Looking for Patterns
- Mini #64 – More Than One Way to Solve a Problem
- Mini #85 – Counting Paths