Math Video Challenge Playbook
The Basis for Every Math Video
The 2019-2020 Math Video Challenge Playbook is the primary resource for the Math Video Challenge program. It includes:
- 250 math problems, organized by math topic
- Answers and problem index for all 250 problems
- A guide for new team advisors
- Critical dates and new program information
What's New This Year
We made a lot of changes to the program based on feedback from teams!
- Registered teams receive a Producers Kit, which includes a hard copy of the playbook and a smartphone tripod to use for filming.
- There is no public voting. Every video submission will be scored by judges based on 5 criteria: mathematical content, communication, creativity, real-world scenario and adherence to rules.
- Students must do all the work for the video. This is a contest and a learning experience; we have more clearly defined our expectations for teams.
- There are new prizes teams can win. From participation certificates to additional prizes for Quarterfinalists and Semifinalists to new awards, there are many ways teams will be recognized.
Access All Resources
For Math Video Challenge Teams
From guidelines and FAQs to rubrics for teachers and permission forms, teams can get everything they need for the Math Video Challenge in one place!