Math Video Challenge
MATHCOUNTS is bringing the Math Video Challenge online from May 11-May 15. During MATHCOUNTS Week powered by AoPS, we're hosting free virtual events all week that anyone can join, including:
∙ Math Video Challenge finalists showcase & voting for the Mathletes' Choice Award on Monday, May 11 at 3:14pm ET
∙ Mathletes' Choice Award winner announcement on Thursday, May 14
∙ Math Video Challenge winner announcement on Friday, May 15
It was a great way for students to talk about math in a new way; it created discussion inside and outside of the classroom. I really enjoyed how excited all of my students got about the videos—planning, creating and supporting their classmates.-team advisor (anonymous survey)
- Mathematical Content: Is an appropriate approach to solving the problem used? Are there any errors?
- Communication: Is the math communicated clearly and logically? Is time in the video used effectively?
- Creativity: Is the video's concept original or memorable? Does the video show imagination?
- Real-World Scenario: Does the video present a clear, real-world application of math concepts in the problem?
- Adherence to Rules: Is the video 5 minutes or less? Does it follow rules regarding copyrighted material (like music, images or video clips)? Did the students do the work themselves?